Well, John keeps putting words and sentences together in ever more remarkable ways. I had a great example I was going to share with you, but I can't remember it anymore, so tough luck.
One thing I did think was cool was something that happened on Monday night when I was putting him to bed. We read a couple stories and then opened up this really old book called 'God made the world'. By really old I mean that John has had it read to him about 1000 times since he was born. Anyway, he was quite interested and after we finished reading he seemed like he wanted to keep looking at it. It was pretty much the last thing in our bedtime routine, so I asked him if he wanted to keep reading the book by himself for a while. He nodded yes, so I stood up to leave the room and he stared at me.
I asked him - "Are you sure it's OK? I'll leave the room and you can keep reading?" He nodded some more but watched me all the way to the door, so I stopped and asked him one more time. Still yes, so I told him I would give him ten minutes and then come back. I left him lying in bed holding the book up on his chest and went to the kitchen to mark some English papers.
I counted out about 10 minutes. Every now and then I would hear him mumbling something from his room. When I went back in, he was still lying in bed staring at the book propped up on his chest. He heard me coming, moved the book to the side and gave me a great big smile. I sat down on his bed and he maneuvered the book closed.
"Daddy take the book" he said, and gave it to me. Then we turned off the lights and prayed together and he fell asleep.
I just thought it was kind of sweet that he lay in his room reading his book for 10 minutes by himself :-)
2 comments:
Aww... such a sweet storey!
How fun is that?! Soon he'll be buried in a book at midnight and you'll have to go all parental on him and tell him to go to sleep already! :o)
'Love the pics and such.
Post a Comment