Thursday, November 13, 2008

Micah's Shots

Hello again. This is just to report that Micah received his shots yesterday and weighed in at 13 lb 13 oz. Not bad for a 9.5 week old. For all of you who like to make fun of the large Engel craniums, his head is in the 85th percentile. He's been having a tough time with his shots - he's been sleeping tons since he got the shots, and then is quite fussy when he's awake. Oh well, hopefully one more night of sleep will do the trick. In other Micah news, his laughter is getting easier to elicit, he's getting really good at his tummy time (I had him on his tummy for about ten minutes yesterday before he started complaining), and he's getting better control of his hands for the purposes of sucking on them.
  • A quick note before continuing. Thanks so much to everyone who posted comments in the last few months. We haven't been replying, but we do appreciate your little notes (special thanks to Sarah for your thoughts on naptimes - I'm trying to push it later and that seems to work most days)
Cute John story? I thought you'd never ask. John was holding Micah's soother the other day saying "this is Micah's soother" over and over. Finally he stopped, looked at me, and said "actually, it's John's soother." :) An interesting thing he's been picking out in books is exclamation marks - he was naming letters and came to an exclamation mark - he stopped and asked me what it was, so I told him what it was and that it means to say it loud (don't know if there's a better way to describe it to a two year old, but that's the best I could do on the spot). Now he picks out ! in books, and says things in his pretend-loud voice (sort of grunts it out). It's kind of cute. That's all for now. Saralee has offered me the use of her laptop until she's back in the country, so hopefully I'll be uploading some pictures for your viewing pleasure this weekend. Take care!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

GREAT John story! Lol. :)